Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Toner


I remembered someone told me that Toner is unnecessary and the best thing was I have trusted the person for 2 years. Over the 2 years, I had discover the changes on my skin. My pores become more visible and my skin become more oily. Why? I pondered... Later, I found out the facts of the use of Toner and Why must I use Toner?


The Facts of Toner

A skin toner is a liquid or light lotion that is used in several different applications of skin care. Of these, the most common is to use a toner, usually with witch hazel or alcohol to clean the skin and perhaps reduce oil on the skin and prevent acne breakouts. These are often called astringents.
Another type of skin toner used is called a tonic. They typically contain a smaller amount of alcohol than do astringents, but they may still have that somewhat prickly or stingy feel you note when you place alcohol on the face. They also often feel cooler than plain water. They do help clean the skin, and women or men who have combination type skin, with dry skin on the cheeks and more oily skin on the forehead and nose (called the T-zone) may prefer a tonic to an astringent.
Some skin toners contain little to no alcohol. Instead, such a toner might use citric acid, rosewater, or a variety of other ingredients to simply freshen the skin. This explains the names used for this type, fresheners or bracers. Using a small amount of acid can help give a freshening feel to the skin when fresheners or bracers are used


The common method for applying skin toner is to dab some on a cotton ball and apply it to the face. A few toners come in spray bottles and you just spritz your face with them. In most cases, you don’t have to wash off the toner, as it’s meant to be a finishing step in a skin-cleaning regimen. You should be careful when applying toner, especially any types that contain alcohol. Typically you should not apply the toner too close to the eyes. Also, if you have areas of the skin that are badly broken out, you want to dab those areas last, so you don’t transfer bacteria from one part of the skin to the other, which may possibly result in more breakouts.



My Recommendation


My current Toner OLEHENRIKSEN (Grease Relief Face Tonic) - For oily/blemish prone skin. It is a non drying antiseptic toner that minimizes pores and breakouts.


My reason for choosing OLEHENRIKSEN because of the weather in Singapore. Most combination skin users like me have the problem of feeling greasy on the surface layer of the skin but the inner layers are normally dehydrated. OLEHENRIKSEN Face Tonic helps to remove the grease on the skin and yet not feeling dry but refreshing.


My other alternatives are DR BRANDT Poreless tone - For oily/combination skin. Dr Brandt skin care is famous for Poreless and Anti-Wrinkle products. This Poreless Toner has similar effect as OLEHENRIKSEN Grease Relief Face Tonic.
MY Additional Care
Whenever I feel dehyrated, I would use Refresher to replenish my lose moisture. KIEHL'S French Rosewater without alcohol and CAUDALIE Beauty Elixir are both are highly recommendated. They can be use with and without makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment